Monday, September 13, 2010

Alexander Wang knows how to throw a Carnival. Oh! & a Spring collection!

My life is currently consumed with 'The role of Constitutional Conventions in the Westminster System" as well as the heightened consumption of Red Bull to keep me awake during such a amazingly interesting assignment topic.  Unfortunately for my studies, this week has also coincided with New York Fashion Week.  Enter the art of procrastination.  

I have, however, limited myself to one designer stalk per day.  At the top of my list, as always, trend GOD Alexander Wang!  While my privacy feels a little invaded by the way he constantly gets inside my head and pulls out exactly what I want to see...I think I'm going to let it slide.  

From the moment I clicked play on the runway footage on Style.com I was mesmerized by visions in white...yes WHITE!  The fashion prince of darkness ditched his usual black hughes and grunge aesthetic for freshness and purity while still embodying his unique style with the loose fits, industrial materials and constructed perfection we love him for! To add to the excitement were the supers stomping it out such as Lily Donaldson, Agyness Deyn, Karolina Kurkova and Abbey Lee Kershaw (maybe changing her hair to match Wang's new white fetish?).

Source: Style.com

As if he hadn't already broken the stereotype enough for one fashion week, Alex invited friends to a after-show party they would never forget!  Guests arrived to a magical fashionista carnival complete with jumping castle, merry-go-round, ring toss and bumper cars.  Whether this was a test as to the amount of things his leggy friends could accomplish in heels is still to be confirmed but we do know that he gave Deyn a run for her money,  dancing on stage to Miley Cyrus' Party in the USA!  Is there anything this guy can't do?





Source: WWD

No comments:

Post a Comment